Herefordshire, HR2 8DL
Telephone 01981 540 221
Learning Support Assistants
Annual full-time salary within the range
£16,047 to 16,487 (FTE)
Hourly rate inclusive of holiday pay is £9.40
An opportunity has arisen for suitably qualified and experienced Learning Support Assistants to join us at The Steiner Academy Hereford.
We are seeking one or two Learning Support Assistants to support the education and welfare of pupils. You will be expected to work in or out of the classroom supporting small groups or individual pupils on a one-to-one basis.
We are looking for LSA’s who have:
- Excellent communication skills – an ability to build positive relationships with children who may display challenging behaviour
- An empathic, patient and caring approach combined with the ability to support children struggling with expectations and boundaries
- The ability to track, monitor and evaluate their work
- An understanding of the complex needs of children who have social, emotional and mental health needs
- Experience of working with and a feeling for our natural environment
- The ability to work independently
- Experience of supporting learning of children aged 6-16
The appointments will initially be on a casual contract and may be subject to change. Please contact Helen Gough at the postal above or email address for an application pack. For an informal discussion please contact the Vivien Rouse on 01981 540211.
Closing date for applications: 3.00pm Friday 30th November with interviews the following week.
The Steiner Academy is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for the benefit of everyone. The Steiner Academy wishes to employ staff who are caring and will uphold the ethos, values and curriculum of the Academy. To support this, the Academy takes into account the guidance issued by the DfE in relation to Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education.
You will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS check.