TEACHING AND LEARNING COMMITTEE – TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Teaching and Learning Committee supports the Governors in their duty to oversee the effective development, implementation and monitoring of current and long-term strategies appropriate to ensure the staff and pupils maximise on their potential and ensure the Academy works towards achieving it’s vision.
- To act on matters delegated by the full governing body.
- To liaise and consult with other committees where necessary.
- To contribute to the School/Academy Improvement Plan.
- To consider safeguarding and equalities implications when undertaking all committee functions.
Terms of Reference
- To review, monitor and evaluate the teaching and learning throughout the school in terms of
- progress, achievement and attainment of pupils
- attendance, well-being and behaviour of pupils
- curriculum development
- the integrity of the Steiner ethos
- safeguarding and equality implications
- To monitor and evaluate the impact of CDP on improving the quality of teaching
- To ensure that policies (safeguarding, SEND, PHSE, sex education, behaviour) are reviewed and updated annually
- To ensure the school complies with its statutory responsibilities regarding its careers programme
- To evaluate the effectiveness and impact of the careers programme
- To ensure any spending has the maximum beneficial impact for the pupils and results in a positive outcome
- To ensure any spending is in line with the key principles of each grant and complies with current guidance
- To monitor and evaluate how pupil premium and other financial grants are allocated
- To ensure appropriate reports are produced and published to support compliance and outcomes
Kate Andrews, Principal
Sylvie Sklan, Appointed
David Donaldson, Appointed
Lyn Rushbrooke, Appointed
Jill Tate, Appointed
Alison Gebert, Teacher (and SENCo)
Claire Dawson, Co-Opted
Richard Thadchanamoorthy, Vice Principal
Carol Kirk, Pastoral Lead
Colin Crawford, Upper School Lead
Julie Whitfield, Lower School Lead
Wendy Lane, Designated Safeguarding Lead
Committee Clerk: Helen Gough