PERSONNEL COMMITTEE – TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Personnel Committee supports the Governors in their duty to oversee the effective personnel management of the school.
- To act on matters delegated by the full governing body.
- To liaise and consult with other committees where necessary.
- To contribute to the School/Academy Improvement Plan.
- To consider safeguarding and equalities implications when undertaking all committee functions.
Terms of Reference
- To support the Governors in their duty of care of all employees and to ensure due diligence in any recruitment and appointment process.
- To maintain an overview of staffing needs and the salary structure.
- To establish and oversee the operation of the school’s Appraisal Policy – including the arrangements and operation of the school’s appraisal procedures for the Academy Principal.
- To keep under review staff working conditions and staff well-being.
- To be available to support any appeal process against a decision on pay and conditions.
- To oversee the appointment procedure/any process leading to staff reductions. To ensure that staffing procedures (including recruitment and selection) follow equalities legislation and are in line with safer recruitment.
- To deal with grievance and discipline matters.
- To support a process to dismiss any member of staff in response to a recommendation through the Principal.In consultation with staff, to oversee any process leading to staff reductions.
- To oversee the implementation of an effective volunteering policy.
- To encourage effective communication with all Academy stakeholders.
In view of the fact that this Committee often has to deal with confidential matters, there are occasions when the chair of this committee seeks the view of the Chair/Vice Chair, rather than the full Board.
Adam Brierley, Appointed (Committee Chair)
Kate Andrews, Principal
Claire Dawson, Co-Opted
Niki Nakamura, Co-Opted
Chris Stead, Parent
Brendan O’Keeffe, Academy Business Manager
Richard Thadchanamoorthy, Vice Principal
Carol Kirk, Pastoral Lead
Committee Clerk: Helen Gough