Terms of reference
- To support the Governors in their duty of care of all employees and to ensure due diligence in any recruitment and appointment process.
- To maintain an overview of staffing needs and the salary structure
- To keep under review staff working conditions and staff well-being
- To be available to support any appeal process against a decision on pay and conditions
- To oversee the appointment procedure/any process leading to staff reductions
- To deal with grievance and discipline matters
- To support a process to dismiss any member of staff in response to a recommendation through the Principal
- To oversee the implementation of an effective volunteering policy
In view of the fact that this Committee often will has to deal with confidential matters, there are occasions when the chair of this committee seeks the view of the Chair/Vice Chair, rather than the full Board.
Policies under the remit of this Committee
Statutory polices: Teacher Appraisal; Complaints Policy and Procedure; Equality; Grievance Procedures
Non-statutory policies: CPD Policy; DBS & Police check Policy; Equal Opportunities – staff; Flexible Working Policy and Procedure; Harassment & Bullying Policy; Paternity Leave Policy; Persistent Harassing or Abusive Complaints; Providing references; Recruitment of Ex-Offenders; Redundancy Policy and Procedures; Relationship with Union Association; Sabbatical Leave Policy; Safe Recruitment; Sickness Absence; Staff Appointment; Staff Induction; Staff ICT Acceptable Usage; Violent behaviour; Volunteer; Whistleblowing