ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE – TERMS OF REFERENCE
- To act on matters delegated by the full governing body.
- To liaise and consult with other committees where necessary.
- To contribute to the Academy Development Plan.
- To consider safeguarding and equalities implications when undertaking all committee functions.
Terms of Reference
- To recognise and adhere to the statutory function of the Admissions Authority when considering any admissions matter.
- To decide on the admission of individual children in line with statutory provisions and the school’s admission policy where such a decision cannot be delegated to the school’s Admissions Secretary.
- To review termly the admission limit for each class.
- To keep an oversight of any Local Authority proposal to name the school in an EHCP and ensure that the school responds to consultations according to statutory guidance and time scales.
- To review admissions arrangements and to make recommendations for changes to the governing body.
- To ensure that the statutory appeals process is adhered to.
- To keep under review the effectiveness of SAH’s appeal arrangements.
- To keep an oversight of pupil retention and the arrangements for exit interviews.
Kate Andrews Principal (Ex-Officio)
Sylvie Sklan Appointed
Jill Tate Appointed
Alison Gebert Teacher (and SENCo)
Committee Clerk: Denise Stevens