THE ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE
Terms of reference
- To act on matters delegated by the full governing body.
- To liaise and consult with other committees where necessary.
- To contribute to the School/Academy Improvement Plan.
- To consider safeguarding and equalities implications when undertaking all committee functions.
- To recognize and adhere to the statutory function of the Admissions Authority when considering any admissions matter.
- To decide on the admission of individual children in line with statutory provisions and the school’s admission policy where such a decision cannot be delegated to the school’s Admissions Secretary
- To consider any Local Authority proposal to name the school for the placement of a particular child and to co-ordinate a suitable response to these enquiries within the statutory timeframe.
- To review admissions arrangements and to make recommendations for changes to the governing body
- To ensure the pupil admission limit for each class is supported by a Statutory Calculation for the size of the classroom
- To ensure that admission limits do not exceed Fire Officer recommendations
- To review appeal statements, contribute to the academy response and ensure that the statutory appeals process is adhered to
- To review annually areas where professional outside advice is needed
- To keep under review the effectiveness of SAH’s appeal arrangements
- To keep an oversight of pupil retention and the arrangements for exit interviews
|Governor||Category of Governor||Non Governor/ non voting||Role|
|Kate Andrews, Principal – Ex Officio
Sylvie Sklan, Appointed
Jill Tate, Appointed
Georgie Ursell, Parent
Alison Gebert, Teacher Governor (and SENCo)
|Committee Chair||Committee Clerk||Denise Stevens|