We were inspected by Ofsted in July 2013 and below are some of the things inspectors had to say about us in the report.
- “This is a good school”… “Teachers have excellent relationships with pupils”… “Pupils are happy and have a great enjoyment of learning.”
- “Pupils have a strong sense of personal responsibility, and they and their parents say they are kept very safe and nurtured in the school.”… “Pupils say that behaviour is good and that bullying is extremely rare.”… “Pupils develop a very high degree of regard for others and of self-awareness”… “Older pupils look after each other and have great empathy for others’ points of view.”
- “Pupils are well prepared for more formal learning … because of the emphasis in the kindergarten on social skills, communication and language and on nurturing curiosity and imagination.”
- “Pupils achieve well throughout the school, reaching above the expected levels in English and mathematics and in the other subjects that they take in Year 11”… “Older students develop strong independent working and thinking skills” and “Go on to successfully study and achieve wide ranging qualifications at GCE A level and beyond.”
- “Pupils’ artistic and practical achievements are impressive and are reflected in older students’ high grades in their GCSE work and their excellent singing and drama.”
- “Pupils who have disabilities and those who have special educational needs also make good and sometimes outstanding progress.”
- “Governors are hugely committed to the academy and have challenged the leadership very well to ensure that it meets its duties and that teaching continues to improve. They are very clear … that the academy continues to deliver its Steiner vision alongside its requirements as a state sector school.”
The full report is available here.